Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pumping Rainbows

You know what’s wrong with America these days? It’s all these people who just want shit handed to them, and want everyone telling them how great they are, that’s the real problem with kids these days. All anyone wants to hear about is themselves.

Well I’m here to tell you that’s not what I’m about. My friend J.J. uses the term, “Pumping rainbows up people’s asses.” He doesn’t do it, and I certainly don’t do it. I tell people how it is. What kind of guy would I be if I went back and apologized for the shit that I say on here? You may not like everything I say, but a lot of the time you know deep down that I’m right, even if you don’t want to admit it to anyone else.

Let me tell you a story about not pumping rainbows up anyone’s ass. I worked a baseball camp two weeks ago with kids from the ages of 10-12 years old. J.J. was pitching to these little fuckers in a live game, not throwing overly hard, just spotting up and changing some speeds and pitching like a good little league pitcher would.

Is it J.J’s fault that these kids kept striking out? Were we supposed to go console them and tell them they’re still great? No, so we went over and told them to put down the bat and the glove, and go pick up a cello or some other instrument because baseball isn’t for you. Does that make us bad people? I don’t know, you tell me.

This is what is wrong with America. The days where everyone gets a trophy just for participating have to come to an end. I’m not here for you to agree with me, I’m here to tell you how it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment