Monday, July 11, 2011

Bar Review

For this week's bar review I will rate Bleecker Street's very own 1849...

1849 is a place that draws a bit of an older crowd. There are a lot of areas to just lounge around and drink and not actually anywhere to dance, although you can make the space for it if you want to. The talent in the joint is much older. I have rarely seen women in there under the age of 25 or 26 who didn't show up with my group of friends. If you want to just drink and hang out, it's a great time. Get some ladies around your age, and now we're talking. Prices are good for Manhattan, although I have no idea what I spent because I was extremely hammered. Word of advice, if you want to remember your night, don't drink the Blue Lemonade (Blue Long Island). For guys, two of those will have you drunk, for ladies, one of those will have you making bad decisions all over the bar. I give it a 7 out of 10. Get some better talent and it'll be upped to a 9. You may not have the time of your life, but it will never be a bad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment