Thursday, July 28, 2011

New York Jets Go Get Nnamdi

If I am the Jets I do whatever it takes to sign Nnamdi Asomugha (I will refer to him as Aso from here out, because I do not want to write this ridiculous name over and over). The thing is, he is going to want big bucks and the Jets do not have the cap flexibility to do so. Signing Aso, would mean Cromartie is out. Which sucks for him because he has the worlds largest child support payments. It also means Edwards is probably gone. Oh well, he is kind of a pussy even though he made some big plays.

Throwing money at Aso means the Jets can't resign all their guys. Truthfully, the only two big names left are Cro and Edwards. With Aso on the team the Jets defense would be insane. Plain and simple. Basically we would be forcing every team to throw over the middle and good luck to the poor soul who gets the slot duty playing the Jets. Running routes into the teeth of the defense with guys like David Harris and Bart Scott looking to lay the wood is something no one wants to do. You will also be covered by Kyle Wilson, who I have big hopes for this year covering the teams number 3.

With all that said, if the Jets do sign Aso I have no problem with the Jets offense taking a little bit of a hit. Let's face it, most weeks 10-14 points will get us a W if Aso is a Jet. I have no funny catch phrase for Aso like Revis Island but I do know both will be on an island in man on the outside. Maybe Archipelago? Who knows?

Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment