Saturday, March 30, 2013

Drunk Story Saturdays: The Honorary Member

Drunk Story from Larry (NYC): 
"It was a Thursday after a long day of work and me and one of my coworkers wanted to go get a few drinks afterwards. We live on Staten Island but we didn't want to stay in Manhattan. We didn't want to stay in Manhattan, but didn't want to go back to Staten Island either. Therefore, we settled on Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. It was an old bar, with old guys but we went in and immediately started making friends. It turned out that basically all the guys were Veterans of Foreign Wars, that was the type of bar that it was. Losing complete track of time it was about 3am. We were still there trucking away and drinking beers with these old guys and then suddenly, it happened. They decided to make me and my buddy an honorary member of the VFW. They swore me in, gave me a pin and everything. I am now an honorary VFW member with a pin to prove it. All because I didn't want to go to happy hour in the city. Oh, and yes we went to work directly from the bar that morning. Longest fucking Friday of my life."

That's actually amazing. I would have never guessed that someone could be an honorary member of the VFW, but you proved me wrong. And what I respect is that you lived by the rule of if you wanna be a man at night you gotta be a man in the morning. Going to work still hammered and feeling yourself get hungover. Been there, done that, and yes it fucking sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment